What Commercial Insurance Do I Need In Arizona?

From Tuscon to Phoenix to every city and town in between, Arizona businesses must carry both workers’ compensation and commercial auto insurance policies. The first, workers’ compensation insurance, is needed for any business that employs at least one person – full-time or part-time – and is used to pay the medical bills and lost wages of an employee that suffers a workplace injury or illness. Some coverage exceptions exist for contractors, casual workers, and domestic workers employed at home. The second, commercial auto insurance, is needed for any business-owned vehicles with the below minimum liability requirements:

  • $25,000 bodily injury liability per person
  • $50,000 bodily injury liability per accident
  • $15,000 property damage liability per accident

While not legally required, if you subject employees to using their personal vehicles for work-related job functions, such as a delivery driver, you should insure their vehicle with a hired and non-owned auto policy as most personal policies will exclude business use. 

Although not required, small businesses in Arizona may also want to consider additional coverage to protect their corporation better. For example, cyber liability insurance can help businesses recover from cyber-attacks and data breaches by paying for the costs of notifying impacted customers, regulatory fines, and any other legal fees that may arise. At Giles & Iten Insurance in Surprise, AZ, protecting your business is our top priority. Our friendly and knowledgeable team of insurance professionals will take the time to learn about your business so that we can make personalized recommendations that best safeguard you, your employees, and your company. Give us a call today to schedule a no-obligation consultation.